Allamakee County Community Foundation accepting grant applications for 2018 through February 1

The Allamakee County Community Foundation (ACCF) is now accepting 2018 grant applications. The application for the grant funding is available online at Applications are due February 1, 2018 by midnight.

Nonprofit organizations can apply for grants from the ACCF for projects or programs that address significant community issues and benefit a broad spectrum of the community. Projects must be in Allamakee County.

The ACCF awards grants in the areas of Health and Human Services, Education, Neighborhoods and Community Development, Environment; Children, Youth, and Families; and Arts and Culture, including historic preservation. Preference is given to projects that:

• address significant community issues
• present innovative, creative and practical proposals that build on community strengths
• present clear work plans that show the ability to achieve the project’s goal
• focus on strategic innovations that encourage cooperation, create efficiencies and reduce duplication of services
• develop the leadership potential of the community
• involve the people served in the planning and implementation of the program
• demonstrate quality, vision, effectiveness, collaboration and good management
• provide a plan for sustainability beyond the funding period.

Eligible applicants must be 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations or governmental bodies. Other nonprofits with charitable projects may also qualify but must partner with a qualified nonprofit or government body who will serve as a sponsor.

The ACCF receives funds from the Iowa County Endowment Fund Program. The ACCF grants out 75 percent of these funds and invests the remaining 25 percent in a permanent endowment that generates interest to be distributed in future years. This year, these dollars will support over $97,000 in grants to local nonprofit organizations in Allamakee County. These grants annually support causes ranging from schools, libraries, butterfly trails and Boy Scout Camps.

The Allamakee County Community Foundation (ACCF) was formed in 2005 as an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque. For more information, call Foundation Coordinator Betty Steege at 563-586-2046 or visit

Rate this article: 
No votes yet