Electrical fire displaces apartment residents...

Wednesday, October 18 at approximately 4:49 p.m., the Waukon Area Fire Protection District was dispatched to 11 Third Avenue NW in Waukon, location of the more locally known "Beehive" apartment complex, where a fire was reported in the attic of the residential building. The fire was quickly extinguished before the building suffered any significant damage, but a report from Waukon fire officials indicate that the fire was electrical in nature and that the building sustained moderate damage and forced residents of nine apartments in the complex out of their place of residence. Waukon Area Fire Protection District crews were on scene for approximately three hours and received assistance from the Waukon Police Department and the Veterans Memorial Hospital Ambulance Service. Standard photos by Joe Moses.

Rate this article: 
No votes yet